Jasper is excited to host the start of the 2017 Tour of Alberta on Sept. 1, celebrating the fifth anniversary of the world-class event.
The Stage 1 start gate will sit adjacent to the Jasper Elementary School and Library and Cultural Centre, with a festival on Robson Park with live entertainment, food and a live broadcast of the race from 1-3pm. The festival will run from 9am until 3pm, with the riders checking in at 9:25am and starting the race at 10:25am.
To accommodate the race, there will be a some minor road closures and parking restriction beginning Aug. 31.
From Thursday, August 31 at 12:00 noon to Friday, September 1 at 6:00pm
- Elm Avenue closed between Geikie Street and Turret Street
- Robson Street closed between Elm Avenue and the Hospital (hospital access maintained)
- Old Fire Hall parking lot closed
- Activity Centre parking lot closed (Thursday only)
Friday, September 1 from 5:00am to 12:00 noon
- Geikie Street closed between the ambulance bays and Pyramid Lake Road
- Elm Avenue between Geikie Street and Patricia Street (Patricia Street remains open)
Parking will be prohibited within the closure area based on the timeline above. Please obey signage.
The race starts on Elm Avenue at 10:25am on Friday, September 1, and heads out of town using Bonhomme Street, Pine Avenue, Connaught Drive and Sleepy Hollow Road, before heading south on Hazel Avenue (93A).
A street closure lasting approximately 20 minutes will be in place on the roadways above, allowing racers and their entourage of police cars and motorcycles to head out of town. Traffic flow and parking will resume as soon as the race leaves the town site. Detailed Jasper National Park traffic disruptions are available separately (check www.jasper-alberta.com or www.facebook.com/JasperTourofAlberta).
Starting at 7:00am on Friday, September 1, a parking ban will be in effect on:
- Elm Avenue between Turret Street and Bonhomme Street
- Bonhomme Street between Elm Avenue and Pine Avenue
- Pine Avenue between Bonhomme Street and Connaught Drive
- Connaught Drive between Pine Avenue and Sleepy Hollow Road
Please contact the Local Organizing Committee:
Hana-Dankov Bye, Business Liaison, email@example.com or 780-852-5887
Nicole Veerman, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-852-8524
Christine Nadon, Co-Chair and Tech Committee, email@example.com or 780-852-4724
For any immediate concerns regarding parking restrictions and street closures, including during the event, please contact the Municipality’s Bylaw Department at 780-852-5514.
PDF of Street Closures and Parking Restrictions in Jasper Townsite
PDF of Rolling Closures in Jasper National Park