||TOWN SERVICES > Roads and Streets > Parking
||It’s easy to get around Jasper on foot or on a bicycle. Park your vehicle and enjoy the fresh air. Parking your vehicle will help reduce traffic congestion and will reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pay attention to signage
Parking lots are indicated on the map. Parking for large vehicles is available in lots on the east side of Connaught Drive, one block to the east and one block to the west of the Jasper Information Centre.
Be aware that:
- Parking in the downtown area is limited to either 15 minutes or 2 hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm;
- It is an offence to let your vehicle idle;
- Handicap stalls are only for valid permit holders. Illegal parking in a handicap stall will result in a fine of $250 and possible towing;
- Yellow curbs or cross-hatched white lines mean no parking or no stopping;
- Some stalls are designated for buses or taxis only;
- Vehicles may park only facing the direction of travel. It is an offence under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act to drive across the centre line to park facing against the direction of travel;
- It is an offence to park where parking or stopping would obstruct traffic.
- Pedestrians have the right of way. You must stop for pedestrians at crosswalks.
Recreational Vehicles longer than 7.5 m may NOT park on streets in the Central Business District. A large RV parking lot is available on Hazel Ave. (Hwy. 93a) across the railway tracks
- Park FACING the direction of traffic. It is an offence under the Alberta Traffic Safety Act to drive across the centre line to park facing against the direction of travel.
Parking Lots in Town