Would you rather be outside? Try out the skate park or play a game of tennis. Centennial Park is perfect for baseball games, soccer and rugby. Take your dog to the off-leash park or for a longer hike on Jasper’s Discovery trail – an eight km trail that hugs the perimeter of town.
This popular park is located in the middle of town bordered in every direction by spectacular views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- 3 baseball diamonds with portable bleachers
- 1 soccer/rugby pitch – newly graded
- Log Cabin with kitchen, public washrooms and patio
- Picnic area
- Fire Pit
The Off-Leash Area is located at the corner of Highway 93A and Sleepy Hollow Road. The off-leash area can be accessed on foot from downtown Jasper via the pedestrian underpass at the end of Hazel Avenue. A recreational vehicle (RV) parking lot is also located directly across from the facility for easy access. Hours of operation are from dawn to dusk daily.
Jasper’s Skate Park next door to the Fitness & Aquatic Centre was constructed in June 2003 using grant funding and funds raised by the Jasper Skate Association. The Skate Park is open to skateboards, in-line skates (made for use on ramps, not regular street skates) and BMX bikes.
- The Park has no user fee and is unsupervised.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult.
- Protective gear is strongly recommended.
- 90 Degree Hip – 4’ Quarter Pipe
- 3-Sided Pyramid with Curb Rail / 2’x 4’ Bank to Bank
- 45 Degree Hip – 3’ Quarter Pipe
- Curved Jump Launch x 2
- Kinked Round Rail
- Adjustable Round Rail
- Urban Series Skate Barrier
- 8’ Long Grind box with Ledge
- Urban Series Kicker Ramp
- Urban Series Skate Table
- 90 Degree Hip – 4’ Bank Quarter
- 2’ x 4’ Launch box / 2’ X 4’ Bank to Bank with Curb Rail
Access to the asphalt tennis courts is included in a Jasper Activity Centre membership. Drop in or buy a membership. Court reservations are recommended. Call the Activity Centre at 780-852-3381 to book a court.
- 3 Courts
- Racquets & balls available to rent (use included in a membership)
The courts are open during Activity Centre hours from early spring until the snow flies.