Would you rather be outside? Try out the skate park or play a game of tennis. Centennial Park is perfect for baseball games, soccer and rugby. Take your dog to the off-leash park or for a longer hike on Jasper’s Discovery trail – an eight km trail that hugs the perimeter of town.
This popular park is located in the middle of town bordered in every direction by spectacular views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- 3 baseball diamonds with portable bleachers
- 1 soccer/rugby pitch – newly graded
- Log Cabin with kitchen, public washrooms and patio
- Picnic area
- Fire Pit
Jasper’s Skate Park next door to the Fitness & Aquatic Centre was constructed in June 2003 using grant funding and funds raised by the Jasper Skate Association. The Skate Park is open to skateboards, in-line skates (made for use on ramps, not regular street skates) and BMX bikes.
- The Park has no user fee and is unsupervised.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult.
- Protective gear is strongly recommended.
- 90 Degree Hip – 4’ Quarter Pipe
- 3-Sided Pyramid with Curb Rail / 2’x 4’ Bank to Bank
- 45 Degree Hip – 3’ Quarter Pipe
- Curved Jump Launch x 2
- Kinked Round Rail
- Adjustable Round Rail
- Urban Series Skate Barrier
- 8’ Long Grind box with Ledge
- Urban Series Kicker Ramp
- Urban Series Skate Table
- 90 Degree Hip – 4’ Bank Quarter
- 2’ x 4’ Launch box / 2’ X 4’ Bank to Bank with Curb Rail
Access to the asphalt tennis courts is included in a Jasper Activity Centre membership. Drop in or buy a membership. Court reservations are recommended. Call the Activity Centre at 780-852-3381 to book a court.
- 3 Courts
- Racquets & balls available to rent (use included in a membership)
The courts are open during Activity Centre hours from early spring until the snow flies.