Community Outreach Workers:
||Community Outreach Services
Outreach Workers are generalists who provide the services that
specialists and government agencies with specific mandates do not
provide. They fill the gaps between specialized services, and create a more seamless service for Jasperites.
• Respond to a variety of needs in a non-judgmental way;
• Connect people and families to agencies and practical supports
such as the food bank, AISH, Income Support, and parenting programs;
• Provide advocacy through complex systems;
• Offer solution-focused counseling;
• Assist with problem-solving and goal-setting;
• Assist people in enhancing their coping skills;
• Make supportive home visits;
• Develop programs in response to needs; and
• Ensure confidentiality.
A key to Community Outreach Services’ success is its
comprehensive, accessible and inclusive nature. It is truly a ‘one-stop
shop’ in the community where anybody may come for any number of reasons.
Each Outreach Worker focuses on a different life stage.
Please select a life stage in the right-hand menu for more information.