Host Your Own Community Conversation
We want to hear from YOU!
1). What do you like about living in Jasper?
2). What challenges do you face living in Jasper?
3). What could make life in Jasper even better?
Through this initiative, you can apply to host your own Community Conversation at a time of day that works for you and in a language of your choice. Zoom will be used until gathering restrictions lift, and Community Development can provide you with a zoom link.
The goals of this initiative are:
- To gain insight into the experiences of a diverse range of groups in the community who may not have the schedule or availability to attend a regular monthly community conversation.
- To make the process of sharing one’s own experiences less reliant on speaking or understanding English.
- To engage the voices and perspectives of a diverse range of residents to inform and influence the community in which they live, work and play.
How it works:
Apply to host your own community conversation by contacting Lindsey Gartner with Community Development. firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots are limited so you must register with Lindsey to receive gift cards for your participants.
In your email, explain what group of people you hope to engage and why. Examples of groups engaged in the past: neighbourhood groups, staff/workplace groups, youth and teens, new parents, English language learners, seniors, cultural groups etc.
Once you are registered:
- You will receive a conversation guide that walks you through recording attendees and feedback from participants.
- Choose a time and date for the conversation and secure RSVPs from between 5 and 10 participants.
On the day of:
- Record attendees’ information (name is not required) and take notes on what people share in response to the three questions. *Community Development can assist with facilitation and note taking if you would like. . .
After the conversation:
- Submit your notes from the conversation back to Lindsey and Community Development will give each participant (up to 10) a $10 gift card to a local establishment as a token of appreciation for their time and input.
*The Host Your Own Community Conversation initiative is funded by Alberta Health Services – Better Together and the Municipality of Jasper.
Community DevelopmentLisa Riddell, Managerlriddell@town.jasper.ab.ca
780-852-6540Jasper, AB T0E 1E0