Jasper is a small, friendly and sustainable community set in the natural splendor of Jasper National Park. We value our visitors and take pride in extending a warm, rocky mountain welcome to our guests from around the world.
COVID-19 information for visitors
As the province continues with its relaunch plan, we warmly welcome you back to Jasper.
We are encouraging visitors to come prepared with their own COVID-19 kit, including gloves, face masks and hand sanitizer.
Jasper businesses have been working hard to put in place the appropriate measures to ensure the safest and best possible experience for guests and residents. Be prepared to wait in lines or change plans and respect all regulations set up by respective businesses. Remember to be patient as our business community adjusts to today’s normal. We are in this together.
Face masks, or face coverings, required in Jasper
As of August 4, face masks, or face coverings, are required on Jasper's downtown sidewalks and in all public indoor spaces.
Face coverings are required:
- On the west side of Connaught Drive between Hazel Avenue and Aspen Avenue;
- On Patricia Street between Hazel Avenue and Pyramid Lake Road;
- On all connecting public sidewalks between those streets;
- On all public sidewalks where a 2 metre distance cannot be maintained; and
- In all public indoor spaces, including all businesses, facilities, patios and indoor areas that are open to the public.
Everyone will be required to wear a face covering that fully covers their nose, mouth and chin when in public spaces, including specified sidewalks, stores, facilities and public buildings.
There are several exceptions to the rule, including children under two, people prevented from wearing a face covering due to medical conditions, and people eating in restaurants while at assigned seating.
Alberta COVID-19 information
- Please respect others and share our public spaces, so we can all continue to safely enjoy them.
- Give others space to allow for safe physical distancing;
- Wear a mask if you know you will be unable to keep a two metre distance from others;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water;
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when washing your hands isn’t possible;
- Stay home if you’re sick or if you’ve been in contact with someone who is sick
Whether you have symptoms or not, Alberta Health Services is asking all Albertans to get tested for COVID-19.
Book your appointment today at http://ahs.ca/COVID
The latest information about COVID-19 is available from the Government of Alberta at www.alberta.ca/covid19.
Concerned about an establishment or individual not following the Alberta public health orders?
File a complaint with Alberta Health Services online; the information will get communicated to the local health inspector, who will investigate the complaint:
Read about the history of Jasper, view population information, and more.
Find out about local regulations, including our anti-idling, domestic animals and noise bylaws.
Enjoy the amenities of our newly renovated Fitness & Aquatic Centre, featuring a state-of-the art fitness room, indoor climbing wall, 25m pool, hot tub, steam room and giant waterslide.
Map of the Jasper Town Site
Jasper promotes green, active transportation alternatives; leave your vehicle in designated parking areas and explore the town on foot!
Visit our partner's websites to find more information on services, amenities and attractions in Jasper National Park.