Keep Local Restaurants, Pubs and Cafes Safe
Restaurants, pubs and cafes are now open for in-person dining across the province.
Enjoying some normalcy in our day-to-day lives is dependent on COVID case numbers staying low, and we must work together to limit the spread of the virus.
Please do your part by avoiding indoor social gatherings, including at pubs and restaurants. Gatherings of people from different households puts yourself, other patrons, staff, and the establishment’s ability to remain open at risk.
Jasper is a small town where most of us know each other. Bending the truth to sit with friends from outside of your household is not acceptable behavior. Please be respectful to front line staff and avoid placing them in that awkward situation.
Please remember that the following rules apply to in-person dining:
If you are a patron at a local restaurant, pub or café
- Only sit with people from your own household (or your two close contacts if you live alone)
- Wear your mask whenever you are not seated at your table
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Be kind and respectful to front line staff
If you own, manage or work at restaurant, pub or café
- Maximum allowed seating is 6 per table
- Tables and dining parties must be 2 metres apart
- Contact information must be collected from one person of the dining party
- Patrons must keep two meters apart from each other in common areas, including in line ups outside of your establishment
- Liquor service ends at 10 pm
- In-person dining must close by 11 pm
If you are concerned that someone is not following the public health orders, you can submit a request to AHS public health inspectors online or call 1-833-415-9179.