Construction work for the installation of water and sewer utility services on the west end of Connaught Drive is underway.
The project will support the development of future affordable housing in the area. Residents and visitors can expect major construction which will impact local traffic until the end of October.
- Construction on the Connaught Utility Servicing Project started on Tuesday August 24 at the intersection of Patricia Street and Pine Avenue
- Construction continues on Pine Avenue with completion of the watermain scheduled for Sunday August 29
- Patricia Street/Pine Ave intersection will be open Monday August 30 for local traffic only
- Full opening of Pine Ave to traffic from Patricia Street to Connaught Drive will be Friday September 3
- Construction at the Intersection of Patricia Street and Spruce Avenue will begin Monday, August 30, 2021 and continue to Friday, September 3
- Spruce Avenue and Patricia Street intersection will be closed, with only limited access to local traffic for residences of the 700 and 800 block of Patricia Street beginning Monday, August 30
- Alley access to the 700 and 800 blocks of Connaught Drive & Patricia Street (south side) will be limited to one entrance at either Hazel Avenue or Pine Avenue beginning August 31
- A water shutdown is planned for the 800 block of Connaught Drive & Patricia Street (south side) on Thursday, September 2 to switch out some piping. All impacted residents will receive a notice on their door from GS Construction with detailed information on the water shutdown.
- Closure of Hazel Avenue and Connaught Drive to occur September 9 or 10
Please note that these dates are only tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
For more information on the Connaught Utility Servicing Project click here.