Construction work for the installation of water and sewer utility services on the west end of Connaught Drive is underway.
The project will support the development of future affordable housing in the area. Residents and visitors can expect major construction which will impact local traffic until the end of October.
- Construction at the Spruce Ave. and Patricia Street intersection started Monday, August 30 with the replacement of watermain valves and piping.
- Spruce Ave. and Patricia Street intersection will open Friday, September 3 to through traffic in order to accommodate long weekend traffic.
- Pine Ave. and Patricia Street intersection will open Friday, September 3 to through traffic in order to accommodate long weekend traffic.
- Back alley between Spruce Ave. and Patricia Street and between Pine Ave. and Connaught will remain closed throughout the long weekend. Residents will have access from both Spruce Ave. and Pine Ave.
- Watermain on Pine Ave. will be completed by September 9 and a detour will be in place for westbound traffic. Pine Ave. is scheduled to re-open fully on September 10.
- Spruce Ave. watermain construction will continue throughout next week.
- Water shutdown for 800 block of Connaught Drive & south side of Patricia Street has been rescheduled to Wednesday, September 9. All impacted residents will receive a revised notice on their doors from GS Construction.
- Spruce Ave. is scheduled to re-open fully on September 15
- Hazel Ave. and Connaught Drive intersection closure was originally scheduled to start September 7, but will be postponed. A new date will be announced at next weeks update.
Please note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding.