Construction work for the installation of water and sewer utility services on the west end of Connaught Drive is underway.
The project will support the development of future affordable housing in the area. Residents and visitors can expect major construction which will impact local traffic until the end of October.
- All underground work has been completed on Pine and Spruce Avenue.
- Sidewalk concrete repairs have been completed on Spruce and Pine Avenue.
- Pine Avenue opened to traffic Monday Sept 13 with temporary gravel.
- Closure of Connaught Drive/Hazel Avenue intersection occurred on Tuesday September 14, with a detour in place, reducing traffic down to two lanes along westbound Connaught Drive.
- Temporary access with signage has been provided to the Petro-Canada Service Station/Bright Spot Restaurant.
- Watermain connection at the intersection Connaught Drive/ Hazel Avenue completed Wednesday September 15, and is now continuing West along Connaught Drive. It is anticipated that the watermain will be installed past the Petro-Canada service station sometime next week.
- Spruce Avenue will be open to traffic Wednesday September 22 with temporary gravel.
- Pine Avenue road construction will start Thursday September 23. Expect closures between Thursday September 23-30. Spruce Avenue will be used as a detour.
- Pine Avenue and Hazel Avenue paving to occur week of September 27 to October 2.
- Hazel Intersection to be open to traffic week of October 4.
Please note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding.