We would like to thank residents and businesses for the feedback, concerns and questions we have received on this project. With large projects like this one, arising issues are inevitable over the course of construction and your feedback has helped us react quickly and address concerns.
Some things the construction crew (GS Construction) has been able to address are:
- Provide a temporary detour in order to maintain access to the Discovery Trail.
- Provide flag people on-site to help provide assistance to RV’s and trucks accessing the Petro-Canada Station and Bright Spot Family Restaurant.
- Provide assistance and traffic control to accommodate the large fuel tanker accessing both service stations.
Although the crew is permitted to work between 7:30 am to 10:00 pm, they have made changes to their schedule in order to minimize the amount of noise both in the morning and evening. This has included:
- Servicing equipment during the day rather then morning or evenings.
- Warming up equipment later in the mornings.
- Begin the shutdown and clean up process by 8:00 pm.
- Minimize the noise created by back-up alarms on equipment.
Update on progress over the last week, and plans for next week:
- Watermain and sanitary sewer work on Connaught has been ongoing all week and will continue for the next 3 weeks.
- Pine Avenue was closed to traffic late this week in order for the construction crew to go back in to complete the gravel base prior to paving. The paving crew will be in late next week to finish final grading prior to paving by next weekend.
- Spruce Avenue is open to traffic on temporary gravel while Pine Avenue is closed.
- Paving of Hazel Avenue and Connaught intersection is expected to occur during the week of October 4, with completion and opening of the Hazel Avenue/Connaught Drive intersection before Thanksgiving weekend.
- The GS Construction crew has been on site for the last three weeks and are on scheduled days off this weekend. They will return to site Monday September 27 and will be on-site until Thanksgiving weekend.
Please note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you again for your feedback. For any questions, concerns or general feedback on this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-852-6501.