Jasper Activity Centre
Starting Tuesday, September 21:
- The Restriction Exemption Program will be in place at the Activity Centre.
- All public access will take place through the north doors (Bonhomme Street side).
- Users 12 and over will have to check in at the front desk upon entry and provide a proof of vaccination, medical exemption or negative COVID test as per provincial guidelines.
- All users who provide proofs as described above will be entered into a weekly draw for a 10-punch pass for recreation facilities.
Fitness and Aquatic Centre
- The provincial Restriction Exemption Program will be in place starting Monday, September 20.
- Users 18 and over will have to check in upon entry and provide a proof of vaccination, medical exemption or negative COVID test as per provincial guidelines.
- Youth aged 12-17 do not need to provide proof of vaccination if they are in the facility solely to participate in recreation or sport activities. If they are going to be doing other things ( sitting in public areas - for example a spectator) then they would need to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test.
- Everyone who provides their proof of status will be entered into a weekly draw for a 10-punch pass for recreation facilities.
Wildflowers Childcare and Out of School Care
- This service is considered as needing to be accessed for daily living and is not subject to the Restriction Exemption Program.
- Parents collecting children from the Out of School Care program located in the Jasper Activity Centre will be required to use the Bonhomme Street doors and participate in the Restriction Exemption Program starting September 21. Parents who are unable to provide a proof of vaccine or medical exemption will be accommodated to ensure uninterrupted access to the program.
Library and Cultural Centre
- Starting Monday, September 20 the Library will have a capacity of 25. Physical distancing and masking will be required.
- Attendees must be with household members only, or 2 close contacts if they live alone.
- Please check their websites and social media for updates.
Community Outreach Services Office (627 Patricia Street)
- COS programming and services are transitioning to online and by appointment.
- The office doors are closed to the public but there is a door bell for urgent needs.
- The Restriction Exemption Program will not be implemented in this location.
Administration Office (303 Pyramid Avenue)
- Masking, physical distancing and hand sanitizing requirements are in place.
- The Restriction Exemption Program will not be implemented in this location
COVID-19 Update, September 16
Starting September 16, youth under 18 participating in sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities in municipal recreation facilities are required to:
- Maintain 2 meters physical distancing, except youth when engaged in physical activity;
- Wear a mask, except youth when engaged in physical activity; and
- Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity, and attendees are limited to a single household or 2 close contacts if living alone, and must be masked and maintain 2 meters physical distancing.
Outdoor activities can continue with no restrictions.
Starting on September 20, the Municipality of Jasper will be participating in the new Government of Alberta Restriction Exemption Program in recreation facilities.
This means users participating sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities will be required to show a proof of vaccination; proof of medical exemption; or proof of negative test prior to accessing services. Participation in this program will allow the municipality to continue to offer the best experience and fullest range of activities.
For detailed information on the new provincial restrictions, please visit the provincial website.