It has been another steady week of work with progress continuing on Connaught Drive, and the construction crew is now in the final stages of the installation of the watermain and sanitary sewer line.
Update on progress over the last week:
- The watermain and sanitary sewer line on Connaught Drive has been completed up to Spruce Ave and will continue along its final leg of Connaught Drive between Spruce Ave to Pine Ave for the next two weeks.
- Pine Ave is paved and fully open to traffic.
Plans for next week:
Please note some significant changes to the current traffic routes.
- Intersection of Hazel and Connaught is completely paved and fully open to traffic starting Saturday, October 9. The traffic lights will not be working until sometime next week, so please treat this intersection as a 4 way stop.
- Connaught Drive between Hazel Ave and Spruce Ave will be closed from October 12-16 for the installation of the watermain at the intersection at Spruce Ave. Traffic will be detoured to Geikie Street between Hazel Ave and Pine Ave for local traffic. Hazel Ave south and Sleepy Hollow Road will be used as an alternate truck route to Highway 16. Please refer to the attached updated map for more information.
- Residential traffic access and parking along this section of Connaught Drive for those affected properties on will be permitted.
- There will be access to Petro-Canada and Bright Spot Restaurant.
- Spruce Ave will be closed to traffic starting Tuesday, October 12 for installation of the watermain.
Based on progress and seasonal weather, the forecasted schedule is being pushed into the first week of November for competition with the first lift of pavement.
Please note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change depending on the weather and unforeseen circumstances that occur during construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and thank you again for your feedback. For any questions, concerns or general feedback on this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-852-6501.
Stage #4 Map
The GS Construction crew paving Pine Ave this week