Check out the Community Calendar to stay up to date on activities and programs offered at the Aquatic Centre.
There will be a pool closure on June 22 from 11:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
AQUATIC CENTRE FEATURES
- 25 meter pool
- Wading pool
- Hot tub
- Steam room
Our pool is 25 meters in length, with six lanes available during lane swim time (dependent on programing needs) and one lane during our recreational swim.
The wading pool is between 6” and 3’ deep, geared towards children ages 0-5 and complete with boats, balls and water toys that make for a fun and social introduction to water safety. We use this pool to teach our parent and tot swimming classes, check out the Community Calendar to stay up to date on programming.
The water slide was newly installed in 2019, ending in a catch pool with stairs to exit. Some of our clients that are rehabilitating from injuries also use the catch pool to stretch and do exercises.
Aquatic Centre age restrictions
To maximize the safety of everyone at the Jasper Aquatic Centre, we have implemented a ‘Facility Swim Test.’
What is the Facility Swim Test?
Our Facility Swim Test consists of three components that need to be completed one after the other:
- enter the pool unassisted,
- swim one length of the 25 meter pool (any stroke or a mix of multiple strokes is allowed); and
- tread water for 30 seconds.
Once a child ages 6+ completes the Facility Swim Test, their name is added to our list and they no longer need a guardian with them in the water.
- Children ages 5 and under are always required to have a guardian (age 14+) with them in the water within arm’s reach, regardless of whether they have passed the Facility Swim Test.
- Children ages 6-7 who have passed the Facility Swim Test can swim on their own, but still require a guardian (age 14+) who is within the facility (can be either at the Aquatic Centre, or at the Fitness Centre).
- Children 8 years of age and older who have passed their Facility Swim Test may visit the Aquatic Centre and swim on their own without a guardian present.
- Children of any age who are still working towards passing their Facility Swim Test need to have a guardian (age 14+) with them in the water within arm’s reach.