Check out the Program Catalog to stay up to date on activities and programs offered at the Aquatic Centre.
Buy a membership and register for programs online
Aquatic Centre features
- 25 metre pool
- Shallow pool
- Water slide
- Hot tub
- Steam room
Our pool is 25 metres in length and ranges from 1.2 metres to 4.5 metres in depth, with six lanes available during lane swim time and one lane during our recreational swim.
The wading pool is between five centimetres and one metre deep, for children ages 0-5. The pool has boats, balls and water toys that make for a fun and social introduction to water safety. We use this pool to teach our parent and tot swimming classes.
The water slide was installed in 2019. Some of our clients that are rehabilitating from injuries also use the catch pool to stretch and do exercises.
Facility Swim Test and rules
To ensure the safety of everyone at the Jasper Aquatic Centre, we have a Facility Swim Test.
What is the Facility Swim Test?
The test has of three parts that need to be completed:
- enter the pool unassisted
- swim one length of the pool (any stroke or a mix of multiple strokes)
- tread water for 30 seconds
Once a child ages 6+ completes the test, they are added to our list, and they do not need a guardian with them in the water.
- Children ages 5 and under must have a guardian (age 14+) with them in the water an arm’s length away, even if the child has passed the Facility Swim Test.
- Children ages 6-7 who have passed the Facility Swim Test can swim on their own, but they must have a guardian (age 14+) in the facility (can be either at the Aquatic Centre, or at the Fitness Centre).
- Children 8 years of age and older who have passed their Facility Swim Test may visit the Aquatic Centre and swim on their own without a guardian present.
- Children of any age who has not passed their Facility Swim Test must have a guardian (age 14+) with them in the water and an arm’s length away.