If a fire is near, follow directions from authorities and be prepared to evacuate. Individuals and families should be prepared to take care of themselves for at least 72 hours. Know the risks our community may face.
Being wildfire ready can ease the stress of wildfire season. This customized Jasper evacuation guide has important information on:
- Evacuation zones and alerts
- How to evacuate
- How to make an emergency plan
- How to build an emergency kit
To be prepared, print off the Evacuation Guide and have a copy in your household.
Jasper Alert System
Sign up for the municipal emergency alert system, to receive emergency information and updates.
Alberta Emergency Alert App
Download the app and set your location to Jasper.
Emergency notifications in the event of an evacuation alert or evacuation order will be broadcast on Connect and Alberta Emergency Alert.
These pages will also have up to date information on emergencies:
- Jasper National Park website
- Municipality of Jasper Facebook page
- Jasper National Park Facebook page
The Municipality of Jasper will issue two kinds of evacuation notices. Know the difference!
An Evacuation Alert tells people to prepare for an evacuation. If you are ready to go and can evacuate early, please do so.
An Evacuation Order tells people to evacuate immediately. This may happen if there is little or no time to notify people, or following an Evacuation Alert.
Make a plan
Get together with your family and work on your emergency plan together. Make sure everyone understands what would happen and what to do in a major emergency. Plan with your pets and other unique needs in mind.
Use the resources below to make your plan:
Includes wildfire specific information and a basic emergency plan template
- Jasper Evacuation Guide- English (PDF)
- Jasper Evacuation Guide- French (PDF)
- Jasper Evacuation Guide- Spanish (PDF)
- Jasper Evacuation Guide- Tagalog (PDF)
- Jasper Evacuation Guide- Ukranian (PDF)
- 72-hour Emergency Guide (PDF)Visit the federal website at getprepared.gc.ca for more information and resources on how you can prepare for an emergency.
Get a Kit
Put together an emergency kit and keep it somewhere easy to get if you must evacuate. Make sure your emergency kit is easy to carry and everyone in the household knows where it is.