Communal Wildlife-proof Bins
All waste bins in Jasper are wildlife-proof, with special latches that keep all animals out! Dispose of household garbage in the large wildlife-proof bins that are located in all residential and commercial areas in Jasper.
What goes where:
|Cardboard, paper, newsprint, beverage containers, tin, glass, plastic, household batteries, organics, plastics, propane canisters (no aerosols).||Recycling Stations (Activity Centre parking lot and S-Block)|
|Yard waste and bicycle tires||S- Block location only|
|Household waste||Waste and kitchen compost bins throughout town|
|Beverage Containers||Beverage container bins located throughout town|
|E-waste (computers, cell phones, televisions), Household Hazardous Waste, tires, appliances, metal, wood and other large items (furniture, etc.)||Jasper Transfer Station|
Jasper Transfer StationHours of Operation
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
Facility operated by Parks Canada - 780-852-3531
Community Recycling DepotsJasper has two community recycling depot locations:
- Activity Centre Parking lot, Pyramid Lake Road
- S- Block location, Stan Wright Drive Industrial Park
You can recycle plastic at the Activity Centre parking lot and S block recycling facilities.
- wide mouth tubs (yogurt tubs, ice cream pails)
- bottles with a neck (cleaning products, juice jugs)
- soft plastic (produce and bakery containers)
Not accepted plastic:
- low density plastic (bags, packaging)
- hard plastic (lawn chairs, toys)
- motor oil bottles
Beverage Container Recycling
There are beverage container recycling bins in various locations throughout town, including the S-Block and Activity Centre recycling depots.
Jasper Recycle Depot
You can return all beverage containers to the local Jasper Recycle Depot for a refund deposit. Every beverage container has a refund of either 10 or 25 cents.
Location: Stan Wright Dr, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 3:30 AM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Closed: Sunday and Monday
Commercial Cardboard Drop-Off
Businesses and residents can drop off commercial cardboard Monday to Friday between 1:00 pm and 3:00pm.
- You can drop loads of cardboard directly to the Operations building located at 3 Compound Road in Jasper (east bay door)
- Please do not dump cardboard outside of business hours
- Please break down cardboard boxes during the public hours of operation