Having a pet in Jasper is a different than other places because we are in a National Park.
- All domestic animals must be kept under physical control (i.e. on a leash or in suitable confinement)
- Pets are not to be left unattended on campsites or in vehicles
- It is illegal and extremely dangerous to leave your pet unattended in your car during warm weather.
- Allowing your pet to chase any wild animal in the Park is an offence. Pets are not allowed in some areas. Look for notices at trailheads and info centers to find out where these restrictions are.
- Clean up after your pet.
Bylaw RegulationsAs per the Jasper Domestic Animal Bylaw (PDF), all dogs and cats must be licensed annually in the town of Jasper.
Purchasing a LicenceLicenses can be purchased at the Town Administration Office located at 303 Pyramid Lake Road.
Purpose of the Licences
- Allow the Bylaw Enforcement Unit to track down pet owners when their animal become lost or at large in the community
- Facilitate the enforcement of the Dangerous Dogs Act
- Provide contact information to advise pet owners in case of an outbreak of rabies
- Help offset the cost of administrating and operating the kennel and other domestic animal services provided by the Municipality
|Neutered or Spayed Dog||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Dog (less than 6 months of age, more than 9 years of age)||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Dog (over 6 months of age, less than 9 years of age)||$105|
|Neutered or Spayed Cat||$15|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Cat (less than 6 months of age, more than 9 years of age)||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Cat (over 6 months of age, less than 9 years of age)||$100|
|Licence tag replacement||$10|
The fine for having an unlicensed domestic animal is $100.