Assessment notices are mailed to property owners every spring (usually in March). Property values are assessed annually to reflect estimated market values, and are used to determine property taxes.
Assessment and taxation practices are regulated by the Government of Alberta. Visit the Alberta Municipal Affairs website for more information and resources.
Questions or concerns about your assessment?
- Contact Natasha Malenchak, Director of Finance and Administration, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-852-6511;
- Request information about your assessment and other properties in Jasper through the Assessment Information Request Form;
- If you still disagree with your assessed property value, you can formally appeal your assessment. Assessment appeal deadline is Friday, April 8, 2022.
Residential Request for Information
The municipal assessor updates property characteristics every five years to meet provincial guidelines and ensure fair and equitable assessments are calculated for all properties in the Municipality of Jasper.
Assessors have various ways to collect information, including self-reporting by the owner of the property. Requests for Information are sent on a set cycle, organized by neighbourhood, to help update the information on each property in the community.
Property owners will receive a Request for Information in the mail, which can be completed:
- Online at vps.camalot.ca/rfi, using the Roll number and Survey Key provided in the mail out;
- On paper, then scanned and sent directly to the assessor; or
- On paper, and dropped off at the municipal Administration Office located at 303 Pyramid Lake Road.
Please note that the online portal is only available to those that have received a residential Request for Information in the mail for the current year.
Questions? Please contact:
Janet Schmidt, Utility and Receivable Clerk
Municipality of Jasper
Assessment Roll Information
The assessment roll is a list of properties within the Municipality along with their current assessed value, as determined annually by our assessor.
- Assessment Roll 2020 (PDF) for 2021 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2019 (PDF) for 2020 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2018 (PDF) for 2019 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2017 (PDF) for 2018 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2014 (PDF) for 2015 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2013 (PDF) for 2014 taxation year
- Assessment Roll 2012 (PDF) for 2013 taxation year
Assessment Complaint ProcessDownload and fill out the Assessment Review Board Complaint Form (PDF) from the Alberta Municipal Affairs website (Please note: This is a fillable form that must be downloaded - If you are having trouble downloading the form please contact Michelle at email@example.com). A paper copy of the complaint form can also be picked up at the municipal administration office located at 303 Pyramid Lake Road. Additional information and resources are available on the Alberta Municipal Affairs website.
A $50 fee is applicable for residential properties, or $500 for commercial properties or properties with four or more dwellings.
Please forward completed forms to:
Assessment Review Board Clerk
Municipality of Jasper
303 Pyramid Lake Road
Box 520, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Additional information on appealing property assessments is available on the back of your Assessment Notice.