If you need immediate emergency healthcare, call 911.
Alberta's health care system provides coverage to residents in Alberta. You can see doctors or go to the hospital.
Learn more about Accessing Healthcare in Alberta.
Doctors and Hospitals
See a family doctor for a check-up or non-emergency medical concern.
In Jasper, you can find a family doctor at the Cottage Medical Clinic, 300 Miette Ave.
- Phone 780-852-4885 to book an appointment and learn more about the services offered.
The Jasper Seton Hospital (Jasper Seton Healthcare Centre)
Go to the hospital for emergency care or to access programs. The Jasper Seton Healthcare Centre (local hospital) offers services like:
- emergency care,
- pre-natal and post-natal programs,
- vaccinations and addiction prevention services.
The Jasper Seton Hospital is located at 518 Robson Street.
- Phone: 780-852-3344
Read more information on the Seton Jasper Healthcare Centre.
*Alberta Health Services provides translation services in many languages, call ahead if you need translation services*
How Do I:
Get emergency health care
- Call 911
Get health information and advice
- Call Health Link at 811. Health link provides free 24/7 nurse advice and general health information. Translation services are available. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Find a doctor
- In Jasper: Cottage Medical Clinic, 300 Miette Ave, Jasper. Phone number: 780-852-4885.
- Search online: albertafindadoctor.ca.
Find a hospital
- In Jasper: Seton-Jasper Healthcare Centre, 518 Robson St. Jasper. Phone: 780-852-3344.
- Call Health Link at 811 or visit: Hospitals and facilities.
Get mental health or addiction information and advice
- Call 1-877-303-2642. Translation services are available. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Find more resources on the Mental Health Resources page.
Get emergency prescription drug coverage and emergency dental and optical services
- Call Alberta Supports – Help is available in more than 100 languages
- Call the 24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre
Alberta Health Care Card
In Alberta, healthcare coverage is free. You can apply to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) to get your Alberta Health Care Card.
When you are approved, a Healthcare Card will be mailed to you. Most medical needs are covered under the insurance.
Private Health Insurance Plans
Private health insurance plans give you more coverage than the AHCIP. Coverage can include prescriptions, dentists and glasses. You do not need a private insurance plan to receive basic healthcare needs.
Ask your employer if extended health benefits are available through your work and what the cost is. You can also do a web search for private medical insurance available in Alberta.
Dental care is not covered by Alberta healthcare. There is a dental clinic in Jasper.
Jasper Dental Clinic
Address: 414 Connaught Dr Suite 206, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Phone: (780) 852-3012
Optometry (Eye Doctor)
Eye care is not covered by Alberta healthcare. There is an optometrist in Jasper.
Aurora EyeCare Jasper
Address: 622 C Connaught Dr, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Phone: (780) 852-4295