Canada's health care system provides coverage to all Canadian citizens. You can see doctors or go to the hospital.
Doctors and Hospitals
See a family doctor for a check-up or non-emergency medical concern.
In Jasper, you can find a family doctor at the Cottage Medical Clinic, 300 Miette Ave.
- Phone 780-852-4885 to book an appointment.
Go to the hospital for emergency care or to access programs. The Jasper Seton Healthcare Centre (local hospital) offers services like:
- emergency care,
- pre-natal and post-natal programs,
- vaccinations and addiction prevention services.
Seton Hospital is located at 518 Robson St.
- Phone: 780-852-3344
Read more information on the Seton Jasper Healthcare Centre.
How Do I:
Get health information and advice
- Call Health Link at 811. Translation services are available. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Get mental health or addiction information and advice
- Call 1-877-303-2642. Translation services are available. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Find a doctor
- Ask your host family or search online: albertafindadoctor.ca.
- In Jasper: Cottage Medical Clinic, 780-852-4885, 300 Miette Ave. Jasper, AB
Find a hospital
- Call Health Link at 811 or visit: Hospitals and facilities.
- In Jasper: Seton-Jasper Healthcare Centre, 780-852-3344, 518 Robson St. Jasper, AB
Get emergency health care
- Call 911
Get emergency prescription drug coverage and emergency dental and optical services
- Call Alberta Supports – Help is available in more than 100 languages
- Call the 24-hour Emergency Income Support Contact Centre
Alberta Health Care Card
In Alberta, coverage is free. You can apply to the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) to get your Alberta Health Care Card.
When you are approved, a Health Care Card will be mailed to you. Most medical needs are covered under the insurance.
Visit AHCIP for more information and to apply.
Private Health Insurance Plans
Private health insurance plans give you more coverage than the AHCIP. Coverage can include prescriptions, dentists and glasses. You do not need a private insurance plan to receive basic healthcare needs.
Ask your employer if extended health benefits are available through your work and what the cost is. You can also do a web search for private medical insurance available in Alberta. Some companies that offer it are: Blue Cross, SunLife, Great west Life and ManuLife.