Contact: Ian Goodge at email@example.com
This program promotes mental well-being and aims to prevent suicide. Contact Community Outreach Services (COS) to become a Community Helper.
This one-day workshop focuses on:
- Mental health and suicide resources in Jasper.
- How to make referrals.
- How to build listening and communication skills.
- How to guide difficult conversations.
- How to apply skills to the workplace.
Contact: Ian Goodge at 780-852-6541 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This free half-day workshop covers:
- Myths and facts about suicide.
- Warning signs of suicide.
- How to assess the risk of suicidal thoughts.
- Resources available in Jasper.
Circle of Security
Contact: Community Outreach Services at 780-852-2100.
This six session course can help parents and caregivers with:
- Learning to read their child’s emotional needs.
- Trusting their own wisdom and desire for their child to be secure.
- Helping their child to manage emotions.
- Enhancing their child's self-esteem.
Better Together 2021 Series
All sessions below are based on what the community has discussed at Community Conversations.
- Jennifer Russell, Registered Psychologist, speaks on: Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care Strategies
- Mackenzie Brown, Development Manager for Indigenous Tourism Alberta, speaks on: Cultivating Positive Indigenous Relations in Our Work
- Ryan Verge, Addictions Counsellor with AHS, speaks on: Navigating the Increase in Screen Use
- Michelle Cherniawsky, Mental Health Therapist, speaks on: Compassion Fatigue Resiliency: Caring for Ourselves While Caring for Others
- Andreas Sigrist, Anglican Church Minister, speaks on: Cultivating Hope During Challenging Times
If you are interested in any of the above discussions, please email email@example.com for the link to watch.
Watch or listen to the de-escalation training specific for Jasper:
- Video Recording
- Podcast-style Recording
- Worksheet for use during the session
- Key Takeaways - for conversation after the session
Supporting Gender Diverse Youth with Alex Marshall
Coping With Change with Aynsley Graham
Noticing and Preventing Caregiver Burnout with Michelle Cherniawsky
Supporting Children with Anxiety with Aynsley Graham
Managing Screen Time During COVID-19 with Ryan Verge
For more information about training, email Lisa Riddell at firstname.lastname@example.org.