Contact: Ian Goodge at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program promotes mental well-being and aims to prevent suicide. Contact Community Outreach Services (COS) to become a Community Helper.
This one-day workshop focuses on:
- Mental health and suicide resources in Jasper.
- How to make referrals.
- How to build listening and communication skills.
- How to guide difficult conversations.
- How to apply skills to the workplace.
Contact: Ian Goodge at 780-852-6541 or email@example.com
This free half-day workshop covers:
- Myths and facts about suicide.
- Warning signs of suicide.
- How to assess the risk of suicidal thoughts.
- Resources available in Jasper.
Circle of Security
Contact: Community Outreach Services at 780-852-2100.
This six session course can help parents and caregivers with:
- Learning to read their child’s emotional needs.
- Trusting their own wisdom and desire for their child to be secure.
- Helping their child to manage emotions.
- Enhancing their child's self-esteem.
Better Together 2021 Series
All sessions below are based on what the community has discussed at Community Conversations.
- Jennifer Russell, Registered Psychologist, speaks on: Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care Strategies
- Mackenzie Brown, Development Manager for Indigenous Tourism Alberta, speaks on: Cultivating Positive Indigenous Relations in Our Work
- Ryan Verge, Addictions Counsellor with AHS, speaks on: Navigating the Increase in Screen Use
- Michelle Cherniawsky, Mental Health Therapist, speaks on: Compassion Fatigue Resiliency: Caring for Ourselves While Caring for Others
- Andreas Sigrist, Anglican Church Minister, speaks on: Cultivating Hope During Challenging Times
If you are interested in any of the above discussions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the link to watch.
Watch or listen to the de-escalation training specific for Jasper:
- Video Recording
- Podcast-style Recording
- Worksheet for use during the session
- Key Takeaways - for conversation after the session
Supporting Gender Diverse Youth with Alex Marshall
For more information about training, email Lisa Riddell at email@example.com.