The Municipality of Jasper is seeking Emergency Support Services (ESS) volunteers who:
- Have concern for people affected by disaster and want to help (experience or training in social services is an asset);
- Have the flexibility to respond with limited notice;
- Enjoy working as part of a team; and
- Can multi-task in an environment that has the potential to be stressful
How can you get involved?
Ongoing Volunteer: you will participate in training and volunteer engagement outside of an incident and be assigned an ESS role in an emergency. You are required to complete the ESS application in full.
You can return the completed package:
- In person, to Community and Family Services - downtown at 627 Patricia Street.
- By email: to Leanne Pelletier email@example.com
- By mail: to P.O. Box 1090, Jasper, Alberta, T0E 1E0
- By fax: to 780-852-2147
Incident Volunteer: You will not participate in training sessions and would be called in to assist with the ESS response in case of emergency. You are not required to complete the ESS application in full at this time. Just add your name and contact information to the incident volunteer list.
What are some rewards for ESS Volunteer Network members?
Making a Difference: You are part of a local volunteer group that assures the essential needs of people affected by an emergency are met (shelter, food, emotional support).
Training: A combination of on-line and in-person training is provided to ESS volunteers, based on their function within the ESS team.